OpenAthens ensures that users have access to the content they are entitled to use.
On this page
There are local, regional, and national administrators. The regional and national administrators are:
London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex
South (Thames Valley and Wessex)
Local administrators with OpenAthens or Link Resolver problems should report them to their regional OpenAthens and Link Resolver administrator(s).
- For how to request OpenAthens administrator rights please see this FAQ.
- For OpenAthens training and support please see this FAQ.
- Account totals for each OpenAthens organisation
- Account totals for each OpenAthens organisation as a % of organisational headcount*
- Unique successful account authentications for each OpenAthens organisation
- % of accounts being used (unique successful logins / total number of accounts x 100)
*Note that trust headcounts are taken from NHS Digital workforce data for January each year. They will not include students on placement within trusts and may not account for changes or mergers that may have taken place during the year.
You may need to click ‘Enable Editing’ in order to view the charts in full.
To compare your organisation with others:
- Go to the organisational pivot tables tab
- Pick the chart of interest
- Click on the grey ‘organisation’ tab
- Deselect all organisations and select the ones you are interested in
Note that you will need to ‘Unprotect’ the spreadsheet/allow editing to do this.
OpenAthens resource transfer data is not a reliable indicator and you should use supplier statistics instead.
NALROM manages OpenAthens authentication and the national link resolver for NHS libraries in England.
Page last reviewed: 26 April 2022