Resources for Library and Knowledge Services staff interested in setting up an institutional repository (IR).
Institutional repositories are now commonplace in the higher education and academic sector.
Over the last few years there has been an increase in NHS Trusts setting up their own institutional repositories for capturing research outputs from publicly funded research, patient information, audits, quality improvement and more – putting knowledge management into action.
The HEE Open Access Repositories group aims to collate an up to date list of NHS repositories & contacts, to share best practice in existing NHS repository processes/procedures, to continue to develop the Knowledge for Healthcare Institutional Repository toolkit and to look to the future in terms of consistent standards across repositories.
For more information, or if you’d like to be involved, please contact Cate Newell, [email protected].
Please see the Institutional Repository toolkit which the group will be reviewing in the coming months.
Click here to see Examples of NHS repositories (work in progress).
Join in the national discussion on NHS Repositories, by signing up to [email protected] – subscribe at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/NHS-REPOSITORIES.
If you don’t already have a JISCMail login, send an email to Cate Newell [email protected] or Matt Holland [email protected], and we’ll add you to the list.
Institutional Repository Toolkit
Resources for library and knowledge services (KLS) staff interested in setting up an institutional repository (IR).
- Matrix of IR currently in the NHS available alphabetically and/or by type.
- Hints and tips for implementation of an IR and how KLS staff can add value.
- Making the case (and things to consider when setting up an IR in your organisation).
- Resources: quick links and publicity.
- Ideas bank: examples and case studies.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights guidance.
- Open access guidance (background information).
- Survey report: a snapshot of IR in early summer 2017.
Contact the Knowledge for Healthcare team on [email protected] for any of the resources in an accessible format.
Page last reviewed: 25 November 2021