Useful references about copyright.
About the CLA Licence Plus
Details of the CLA Licence Plus for the NHS in England
CLA Check Permissions tool (select Public Sector Licence)
About the changes to the Copyright Act made in 2014
Guides produced by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).
Other recommended sites
- https://www.copyrightuser.org/ - ‘an independent online resource aimed at making UK Copyright Law accessible to creators, media professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and members of the public’
- https://copyrightliteracy.org/ - maintained by Jane Secker and Chris Morrison with a mission to ‘make learning about copyright fun, engaging and empowering’
- A summary about how long copyright lasts, including a flow chart
- British Library guidance on fair use copyright
- Guidance on Orphan Works, including how to get permission to copy a creative work for which the right holder(s) cannot be found
- Information about Creative Commons licences, increasingly used to encourage sharing whilst also acknowledging copyright owners
- Information about the Open Government Licence, encouraged for public sector information
- LACA, the UK Libraries and Archives Copyright Alliance
Page last reviewed: 29 September 2021