About the Open Access Community of Practice, its work on repositories, and how to join.
HEE has the following aims:
- To champion and facilitate open access publishing.
- To explore and advise on repositories of curated/digitised content.
The community of practice comprises 40 health librarians from the NHS and other health libraries.
Members of the group have expressed a range of reasons for being part of this community of practice:
- “keen to learn from colleagues on this group”
- knowing “how others have experienced managing organisational repositories to help inform the development of our digital archive”
- “a keen interest in grey literature – how to capture and promote unpublished works” and being motivated by addressing how we “could make NHS research more accessible/visible, thus enhancing impact”
The Community of Practice meets virtually and has a dedicated SharePoint and associated e-mail list, which provides members with a collaborative space for joint working.
There is also a sub-group focusing on repositories.
For more information or to become involved, contact: Helene Gorring.
Page last reviewed: 25 November 2021