Mobilising evidence and knowledge workstream's strategic drivers
The workstream's driver diagram in accessible format.
Healthcare organisations, services and systems effectively mobilise evidence, learning, knowledge and ‘know how’ to enable evidence based policy and practice.
- Healthcare organisations, services and systems are effective in mobilising evidence and internally generated knowledge.
- Healthcare staff apply and use evidence, build know how, continue to learn, and drive innovation.
- Healthcare knowledge and library staff manage and mobilise evidence and knowledge.
(links to secondary drivers indicated by numbers in brackets)
- advocate for implementation of HEE policies across the NHS relating to mobilising evidence and knowledge (1)
- showcase the benefits and impact of mobilising evidence and knowledge on healthcare (1, 2, 3)
- provide consultancy, enabling organisations to secure and manage capability to mobilise evidence from research and learning from practice (1, 3)
- facilitate partnerships and networks across healthcare systems to optimise evidence, knowledge and know how (1, 2, 3)
- identify, develop and implement knowledge mobilisation tools and techniques, building capability across organisations and systems (1, 3)
- enable the healthcare workforce to transfer, translate and use evidence, knowledge and innovation (1, 2, 3)
- improve the information literacy skills and research confidence of the healthcare workforce (2, 3)
- build confidence and further develop the skills of knowledge and library staff to facilitate and use tools and techniques to mobilise evidence