What about knowledge and library services about sustainability?
See the section on Sustainability: towards low-carbon knowledge services on page 63 of Knowledge for Healthcare 2021-2026.
‘Knowledge specialists have a dual role in contributing to the sustainability agenda, within the knowledge service itself and by providing the evidence to underpin policy, commissioning, operational practice and training.’
Practical examples include:
- Building sustainability into strategy, policy, and marketing initiatives
- Developing services that are digital by default, providing online access to knowledge resources
- Procuring “eco-friendly” materials
- Managing waste: encouraging Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Working with local estates teams to use water and energy from renewable sources efficiently.
- Influence the design of “green” library buildings
- Working in partnership with other organisations to reduce duplication of effort
HEE KLS has set up a community of practice to showcase case studies, highlight best practice, share ideas and discuss issues about sustainability.
If you would like to join this Communty of Practice, share a case study or what you're doing to support sustainability in your Trust or within your service, email [email protected].
The community uses the FutureNHS collaboration platform. You will need to register and join the workspace once you have been added as a member.
Sustainability Healthcare Bulletins
Hampshire Healthcare Library produces a current awareness bulletins on sustainability every other month.
Contact [email protected] to be added to the distribution list for the bulletin.
Page last reviewed: 28 June 2022